Sunday, August 30, 2009

State Fair


Kyla checking out the baby cows in the petting zoo



Petting a cow



Checking out the pink tractor!



Dancing to an irish band



Having a good time at the Alaska State Fair


My mom, Kyla and I went to the Alaska State Fair. I took Kyla last year when she was just one month old and she slept the entire time. At the Alaska State Fair there is a lot to do and look at. There are a ton of booths to look at, huge vegetable and fruit contests (the largest cabbage there this year beat the world record for weight), concerts all over the fair grounds, rides, food and animals. Kyla got to go into the petting zoo for her first time. She enjoyed petting the animals and got head butted by a goat and almost ran over by a baby donkey. She really wanted to pet the chickens and pigs, but they wanted nothing to do with her. Kyla had her picture drawn by my cousins boyfriend who was working at the fair and it turned out really cute. Kylas favorite part of the fair was the music. We watched an irish singing and dancing group and Kyla was up in front dancing to the music. The only bad part of the trip to the fair was that I got Kyla some milk at a coffee shop and it must have been bad because she got sick and threw up EVERYWHERE and I had no extra clothes for her, so she had to be washed up with wipes and then we got her a shirt at my cousins t-shirt booth and headed out soon after. I was glad that Kyla enjoyed the fair and look forward to taking her each summer now that we will be living in Alaska. My family went each year and it was a fun family tradition.

1 comment:

  1. We missed taking Landon to the California State Fair this year. It was just way too hot with out 100+ degree summer weather.

    ReplyDelete