Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pretty Portraits






For a long time now Kyla has not liked having portraits done. Even when Daddy is the one taking the picture she will not sit and pose for a picture. We have not had any type of portrait done for over a year because of this. Last month Jon's work invited Kyla to have her pictures done while they were photographing home school kids and Jon really wanted me to take her and try to have her pictures professionally done by one of his friends at work who Kyla has met a couple of times.

Once I saw the background I immediately thought she should wear her tutu and fairy wings. Kyla absolutely loves dress up and this made her excited to go get pictures taken. She raided her dress up box and packed a backpack full of everything she wanted to wear, some of which I snuck out of the bag before leaving including a crown and wand.

Once we were getting close to the church where the pictures were being taken Kyla decided that she really did not want her pictures taken anymore. It was not a surprise to me since we had just left gymnastics and it was nearing nap time. But then I went to go pull onto the street that the church was on and it was called Madeline Street, I told Kyla the street was called Madeline like her cousin and she thought that was so funny. She was instantly in a good mood and we had a successful photo shoot! I was so happy with how well she did while having her pictures taken and how beautiful they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment