Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Mouse!!!

Yesterday morning as I was getting dressed I kept seeing something out of the corner of my eye, and then I finally saw it.....A Mouse!!!!! Jon was at work and Kyla was still sleeping so I did my best to not scream. This is the first time we have seen a mouse in our house so we did not have any mouse traps, so there was really nothing I could do. Later I told Kyla we had a mouse and that Daddy would catch it when he got home from work. She was so funny asking such silly silly questions all day about the mouse.

She asked me "Will Daddy catch it like this (putting her hands up in the air like she was catching a ball)?". Later on in the after dinner, I was telling her that Daddy put mouse traps by the stove, under the couch and in the closet. She then asked me "is the mouse eating dinner under the stove?", "is the mouse dancing in her jammy drawer and singing jingle bells" and "is the mouse playing dress up in my dress up trunk". I hope she does not think that this mouse is our pet, she even asked me what the mouse was named.

This morning we still had not caught the mouse and Kyla was aking me more questions about it. I told her that it was still hiding or that maybe it got outside. She replied "it went outside without us??? Maybe daddy shot it!" Jon has never shot anything in his life and does not even have a gun, but her friend Ethan's daddy likes to hunt and a few times she has heard Ethan talk about his daddy shooting something.

It is so funny to see how curious she is and hear the funny things that she is thinking about. She is very amused with the "mouse in our house", as she calls it, but I sure hope we catch it soon and that there is only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment