Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating!


Kyla checking out the 13 foot tall tree at my parents house




Helping hang up the christmas lights



Kyla loves her singing skating moose!



Sitting by the fire with her moose rug



Kyla hung the first decoration on the tree



Enjoying a bottle fireside




The finished Christmas tree!




On Monday we decorated the Christmas Tree. My parents normally find a good tree to cut down at their cabin, but this year because of all of the snow and frost on the trees could not find a good tree. Instead they decided to cut a tree down in their yard that was tangled up in the power lines and needed to come down anyway. The tree they cut down is 13 feet tall!

Kyla and I helped my mom decorate the tree which took quite awhile since we had to use latters to decorate the top. Kyla had a great time helping pick out ornaments and handing them to me to hang up. The tree looked really good once we were done and we had a good time decorating.

We finished up around 9 pm and then at 11 pm the tree came crashing down landing on my parents living room floor, right where my mom had been sitting up until 15 minutes before. We had a huge mess with broken decorations everywhere! So at 11:00 we were cleaning up the mess and had to put the tree in a different tree stand and take off all the remaining decorations.

So, Tuesday we had to start all over fixing the lights and redecorating the tree. Luckiliy my mom has a ton of decorations so the broken ones will not be missed and none of the special ones broke. Decorating the tree for the second time was not as fun, my mom and I did it quickly while Kyla took a nap. Next year I think they might go with a little shorter tree.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Our tree is a fake 6 foot tall tree we had to put on the coffee table so Landon wouldn't get it!

    ReplyDelete