Saturday, December 19, 2009

17 Months Old!!!



Our little girl is 17 months old today! Wow!!! I can't believe in another month she will be a year and a half! It is really hard to believe. The other day I was in the DMV getting my Alaska Drivers License and a man next to me was there with his 16 year old daughter who was getting his license. He looked over at me and said before you know it you will be in here with her doing the same. I have always heard parents say that time flys with a little one, and I am already feeling that with Kyla. However, to me she is still my little baby!

At 17 months Kyla is a wonderful little girl and is so much fun to be around. Her vocabulary is growing more and more everyday. She really understands everything that you say and is very good at following directions. She is so good and I feel so lucky to have such a great daughter. She puts her toys away when she is done playing, she asks for her bib and won't start eating until you put in on her, she lets you know when she needs to go potty or needs a diaper change. She is so smart!

The other day she wanted to stay in the bathroom forever. She loves sitting on the potty and hates to wear a diaper. After spending a lot of time with her in the bathroom, joking I said "why don't we just move your tiolet into the living room", she hopped up off the tiolet and tried to pick it up to move with a big smile. I think that we are going to try out big girl underwear on her since she is doing so well with toileting and hates diapers so much!!! We will just use the diapers at nighttime and naptime.

Other things that Kyla is enjoying at this stage are playing in the snow, doing puzzles (which she calls bubbles), singing and learning new dance moves and movements to songs, books (especialy ones with flaps or removable pieces), playing with balls and sitting at kid size table and chairs. She loves to gives hugs and kisses and everytime she hugs you she says "OOOOOOO", it is very cute! She loves to listen to people talk to her on the phone. And most of all she loves to climb on everything! She is a little monkey and has great balance and coordination (she never falls).

She loves other kids, but is shy and takes a little bit of time to warm up to them and play. She is beginning to enjoy coloring. Kyla loves to eat and try new things, I am very suprised about some of the things that she will eat. She always wants to eat off everyone elses plates and because of it gets to try lots of new things. Another new thing that Kyla is doing is everytime she sits down to play, read, go potty.... she pats the floor where she wants you to sit until you sit down to interact with her.

Kyla is such a happy and loving little girl and Jon and I are so proud of every new word she says, dance move she learns, funny thing she does....... We absolutely love being her parents.

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky!! She is an amazing little girl. I can't believe she is already potty trained! I'm going to cross my fingers that it will be as easy with Landon, but I won't hold my breath. I think Kyla might also border on being a genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete