Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!
















We had a very nice Mothers Day! Kyla, My Mom, Jon and I all went to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center and saw all of the animals. Kyla really liked the bear cubs and had a good time. It was cold and windy so we drove around the park and just got out of the car to see the animals. Kyla thought she was so special because she was sitting in the front seat with me to look at some of the animals.

On the drive out to the Conservation Center we saw some Beluga Whales in the Inlet. After the Conservation Center we went to one of Kyla's favorite parks in Girdwood to play for a little while before brunch. We had a very good brunch at the Alyeska hotel and were all so full when we left. They had really good King crab eggs benedict and red velvet cupcakes and tons of other good stuff.

In art class yesterday Kyla made me a very pretty Mother's Day Card with hearts and butterflies on it. She also really wanted to buy me a tree for Mothers Day. She said "I want to get you a tree for Mothers Day and put it outside and then you can sit on the couch and look out the window to see if it is pretty or not." Instead of an outdoor tree she ended up getting me some new indoor plants, We were too worried about a moose coming by and eating all the branches off a little tree if we had it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment