Friday, April 16, 2010

Grieving Uncle Dace


Uncle Paul, Uncle Dave, Grandma Elsie, Grandpa Dave, Aunt Carol and my Stepdad Steve at Christmas


Uncle Dave, Aunt Lynn and my Stepdad Steve at Christmas

The last few days have been pretty tough on our family. My Uncle Dave who has been battling Cancer for several years checked into the hospital on Tuesday for trouble breathing and was told he only had another 2-6 weeks to live. Kyla and I went to go visit him yesterday and he was unconscious at the time. We were able to sit there with family and say our prayers and I was able to give him a kiss on the cheek and tell him I love him. Most of our family has been at the hospital with him the past two days. Later last night he passed away.

Uncle Dave is a very loving person and has a wife and three daughters who are just as loving and sweet as their dad. I am very thankful for how strong the four of them are and hope that this helps them through the loss of such a wonderful person. He is truly going to be missed by everyone and will never be forgotten.

Aunt Lynn sent an e-mail out to all his friends and family this morning and ended the letter by saying: "We will try to be strong for Dave and I know he always says
"Keep Smiling" and I am working on that even though it may take some time."
I loved that she wrote this because Uncle Dave always said to "keep smiling" and to "have a good day", and you always knew that he truly meant it. He was always positive and saw the good in everyone and everything, he was the kind of person you wish you would run into more often. We all need to have some strength and get ready for what I am sure will be a very emotional service on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Uncle Dave. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete