Wednesday, January 13, 2010

18 month well child visit

Kyla had her 18 month well child appointment today, it is hard to believe that in just 6 more days she will be 18 months! She had to get two shots today, one of which was her second dose of the H1N1 vaccine. I hate when Kyla has to get shots! She gets so upset and her legs seem to be sore for several days afterwards. She cried from the time she had to get measured for height until we walked out to the car, the only time she would settle down was when neither the nurse or the doctor was in the room. It is so heartbreaking to take her to the Doctor when she is like that. The Doctor and I could barely even talk to each other because she was crying so loud.

Luckily, she does not have to go in for another visit until she is 2 years old. I did not like the Doctor as much as her Doctor in Utah, I might try to find a new Doctor for her to go to for her 2 year appointment. Unfortunately, most of the Doctors on our insurance plan are at the Native Hospital and you have to be native to go there.

The only thing new that I learned at her appointment was that you are suppose to brush your babies teeth for 3 minutes! There is no way that I could brush her teeth for three minutes, I don't even think I brush them for one minute and then I let her chew on the toothbrush for awhile.

I am relieved that her appointment is over and that she is currently napping! I hope that she wakes up a much happier little girl!

18 Months

Kyla's height: 32 inches
Percentile: 50th
Kyla's weight: 24.3 pounds
Percentile: 55th

No comments:

Post a Comment