Friday, September 18, 2009

Alaska's Kids Mommy and Me Playgroup


These are a few of the kids that are around Kyla's age in the Playgroup- Brooke, Jonathan and Lily



Kyla and I joined a new playgroup in town. The playgroup was just started 2 months ago by a local mother of 2 and already has 40+ members. It seems much better than the group I joined in Park City, it has a lot more activities planned that are for all ages of kids. Once a week the group meets up at a different park in anchorage, attends a weekly toddler story time at the library, goes to do gymnastics, hangs out at an indoor playground/coffee shop and much more. Besides all of the fun activities for the kids they also have a lot of mom only activities, like bunco, crafts nights, manicures and pedicures, movie nights, bowling... I am excited to have joined the group so that Kyla and I both meet some new friends now that we have moved. I really enjoyed hanging out with the moms and there were several kids around Kyla's age. The group organizer, Jamie, seems like a great lady and is very dedicated to getting together often and keeping all of the members well informed about playgroups as well as other activities and news in the area. I think that this group will play a very positive role in getting settled in a new place and getting to know all of the activities that Anchorage has to offer for little kids. The group is catered towards stay at home moms, with most of the activities taking place in the mornings and afternoons, but hopefully I will still be able to be an active member once I begin working, although I am not sure when that will be. I am glad to have found a good social group to be a part of and look forward to getting to know all of the members better and making great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment