Saturday, June 23, 2012

Garden and Stepping Stones






Kyla and I made stepping stones for the garden at my moms house a couple weeks ago using rhubarb leaves and a few more with stepping stone molds. Kyla was a big helper when it came time to paint them. She loves to paint and she did so good making sure that she got paint on every bit of each stepping stone. Kyla really likes helping out in the garden, she actually calls it her garden! She helps me water it, fertilize it, she even helped me and my mom smash all the bad worms that we found on my currant and gooseberry bushes that had been eating all the leaves. We like checking on it each day to see how it is growing. So far all that is ready are strawberries, each day we have had about 3-5 strawberries ready to pick and we have to pick them as soon as they are ripe otherwise the robins have been getting them before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment