Friday, December 16, 2011

Ballet Recital











As much as Kyla says she likes dance class, I could tell from the beginning that was just not ready to be learning dancing steps and routines. She did not seem that interested in the dances and preffered to watch the other kids. I was going to switch her back to gymnastics mid-sessions, but she insisted she really liked dance and wanted to continue taking dance classes. She learned a few dance steps but was never really able to put them together in the routines. The entire session they just worked on two dances, Yankee Doodle and a Barney song. I was excited to watch her dance recital, because normally we just have to watch on a tv from the waiting room. My mom came down to watch her dance too. I dont know if she was just overwhelmed by all the people who came to watch or what happened, but she froze! She did not move at all for either dance. I know she is very shy, and I think she just could not concentrate on dancing at all in a room full of adults. She did look cute in her dance outfit. But

No comments:

Post a Comment