Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Decorating for Christmas







Kyla and I got the Christmas tree up and decorated this weekend. She was so excited to decorate for Christmas and was already getting the decorations out and ready to put on the tree before I could even get the tree up. We bought a pretty small tree last year because we didn't have much space for it in the house we were renting last year and we have a lot of decoratios and Kyla had to make sure that everyone of them made it onto the tree, even if that meant having four or five decorations on one branch. She had so much fun putting decorations on the tree and getting out our nativity set, nutcrackers and other holiday decorations. Then she said "It is Christmas now because we have are Christmas tree."

Her Elf on the Shelf also made its first apperance of the holiday season this weekend and showed up in her bed. I was not thinking that this would be a bad spot for it until she decided to stay up until 10:30 talking to her elf telling her what she wanted, what I wanted and what daddy wanted for christmas this year. She was so funny she said to her elf "For Christmas I want...(she paused and looked around her room)...I already have a lot of toys, so I just want four things, I want a lightbulb with flowers on it, a pink angel (to match the other three angels she has in her window), a new cup and a kitty that turns on and walks." I said that I didn't know if they made lightbulbs with flowers on them, and she said "Santa makes them". I think the elf is one of her highlights of Christmas, she absolutely loves finding it each morning, talking to her, smiling at her and asking us lots and lots of questions about her elf.

No comments:

Post a Comment