Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pyrah's Pioneer Peak Farm Fall Festival
























Yesterday Kyla, Jon, My Mom and I all went to Palmer for the Fall Festival at Pyrah's Pioneer Peak Farm. We went last year and had a really good time and wanted to go again. The weather turned out to be very nice so it was a good day to spend all day outside. It was very busy at the fall festival and all of the lines were very long to park, get in, play games and to buy vegetables, but we were still able to fit everything in. We started out with the games since we were getting there right around nap time. Kyla was able to play all of the games and had fun with them and liked all of the prizes she won.

Kyla also got a pumpkin painted on her face and a sheep and pig tattoo on her hands. She went on a tractor ride in a wagon and we went into the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. Either they had run out of orange pumpkins or they did not turn orange, because all of the pumpkins were yellow or green. Kyla had a hard time finding the perfect pumpkin, she was walking all around saying "I'm trying to find the one I want". She was trying to find the smallest pumpkin in the patch and I think she did!

After all of the games we went over to the gardens to pick some vegetables. We picked Broccoli, Onions, Kale, Lettuce, Potatoes and Peas. It was really fun picking vegetables there, the gardens are huge and the view is beautiful. Kyla did a really good job picking lots of vegetables. The line was really long to weight and pay for the vegetables so while my Mom and Jon were in line Kyla and I went over to pick peas. Kyla did a really good job finding peas and then would open the pea pod up and eat them while I was picking. We filled a grocery bag half full of peas and ate probably half of them on our way home. We ended up with 45 pounds of vegetables, 40 pounds of that was potatoes. It is a great farm and the vegetables are all only about a dollar per pound. It will be pretty close to our new house so I think next summer I will be going there to pick my vegetables instead of going to the farmers markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment