Friday, August 27, 2010

2 year Doctors Appointment

Kyla had her two year well child appointment today and as the doctor said is "perfect"! She was so funny at the doctors office. She had a blast in the waiting room looking at all the fish in the aquarium. Then once we were in the doctors office and done with her pre-examination with the nurse she kept saying we were at the "Doctors House", I would say no we at are the hospital and she would try her best to say hospital and then seconds later say doctors house. She also kept hiding behind the door saying "peek a boo Doctor" and running out in to the hallway saying "Come Doctor", not the most patient kid! However, once the Doctor came in Kyla was very shy. He did all of the regular examinations and everything was great. Her weight was 26.5 pounds which is 50th percentille and her height was 34 inches which was about 75th percentille. I kind of thought her height would have been even a higher percentille because everyone always comments on how tall she is.

The Doctor was a great pediatrician, this was our first appointment with him but I had two friend referrals and met him once at a childrens fair. He answered all the questions that I had for him and does not ask all the dumb questions that my pediatrician in Park City would ask like "Is she in a carseat"....

I had a few concerns that I brought up with the Doctor about Kyla. She has had two little bumps on her arm that have now spread to her belly that have been there for a couple months. I assumed they were warts and had him take a look at them, it turned out it was not warts but Molluscum Contagioussum. It is a skin virus, similar to warts, and shour go away on its own with not treatment within a few months. I also brought up Kyla always complaining on her tummy hurting, but he said he was not too concerned and that at this age they are just very sensitive of feeling their intestines moving and that is probably all it is. My last concern I had was when last week she had bad pain in her arm and just held it with her other hand for about 24 hours and then was suddenly perfect. He said he was almost 100% certain she had a dislocated elbow and then she on her own somehow got it back into place. I was happy that all of my concerns about her turned out to be nothing serious.

Kyla did have to get 1 shot at her appointment, just her second dose of Hepatitis A. She screamed a lot when she got it, but calmed down within minutes and was sound asleep as soon as I got her in her carseat. We do have to go back in October to get her the flu shot, but then as long as she stays healthy she does not have to go back until she turns 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment