Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu in Park City

Kyla just got her passport and is ready to travel!

Working on walking

Kyla with her new walker

Kyla and BamBam

Kyla on a playdate with Dillon (6 months) at the Natural History Museum

Kyla at the frog exhibit




Kyla and I are home for a long weekend this week, at least 5 days. All of the schools in Park City School District have been closed due to the Swine Flu. The closure is through atleast Tuesday, possibly longer depending on if more cases are identified. I am looking forward to the extra days that I will have off of work, but the reasoning behind why we are out is very unfortunate. I thought that Park City would be one of the last places to get it, but with our late Spring Break and how many people just returned from Mexico it seems to be hitting hard. My friend Ana is in Cancun through this Saturday, it is so scary to think about how fast this new strain of the flu is spreading. The town we live in is currently out of Tamiflu and waiting for more to arrive. Our school was being deep cleaned today and everything was being disenfected even though none of the Park City cases have occured at our school.

Kyla and I are going to spend a lot of time outdoors, as long as the weather cooperates, and do our best to avoid crowded places. I think that we will also be cancelling our plans to go to California next week and definitly Mexico in June. I was so excited for both trips. Jon's cousin is getting married in Mexico this June and we were looking forward to their wedding as well as spending our fourth Anniversary in a beautiful place. I was going to go to California for Mothers Day weekend and spend a day at Disneyland, but I would feel much more comfortable avoiding flying right now. I was really looking forward to this trip and being able to visit with my sister and her kids as well as being with my mom for Mothers Day.

My mom is coming to visit us tommorrow from Alaska and then she will be going to California afterwards. We are looking forward to her coming down. She has not seen Kyla since February and I am sure she will be amazed by how much she has grown and developed since then. I am looking forward to visiting with her for the six days that she will be in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment